Monday, April 7, 2008

It's a big day at the Dornton house


Well today was a very big day around here....Alex went poo poo in the potty!! Yes you read that right poo poo in the potty. There was much jumping around and cheering and oh yeah, Alex was pretty excited too. I was getting ready for work and he and Cooper were in their room when all of a sudden Alex yells Poopy, Poop, Poopy!!!! So Iwent running in saying ok buddy we'll change your diaper...go to take his overalls off and discover he has taken his diaper off and I ask him where is your diaper he points under his bed, I turn him around and see a little bit of poo on his butt run him into the bathroom and plunk him down on the big potty with his little potty insert. I figure I'll just keep getting ready when all of a sudden he says " Done". I lift him up and there it was a poop the size of an adults. I lean down in front of him saying " Mama is SOOOO glad she didn't have to clean this out of a diaper. I clean him up amidst much cheering and Good Boy! Give him his treat of M&M's and he was on his way. It was a good day.

3 comments:

Paula said...

Woo-Hoo! That IS a big day! It's a bonus when the child actually wants to use the potty. Congratulations! Wish you continued success.

Kendra said...

Would you ever have thought that poop could get you this excited?!
Could he come down and teach Simon that trick now?

JWalker said...

I think it's funny that in the picture he's holding the snake,...and giving you the look of "hello mom,...I'm on the freaking pot,...enough with the pictures will ya!"